Calling all future coaches!
Coaches in Training Program
Coaches in Training (CIT) is a completely FREE hands-on program designed to teach youth valuable leadership skills as well as allow them to gain volunteer experience with the Petawawa Gymnastics Club. CITs will attend in-house trainings and become HIGH FIVE certified. This program is geared specifically toward young adults who want the opportunity to develop their coaching skills and build experience for future job opportunities. The CIT program will offer valuable job-specific training that will give CITs an edge when applying for future employment with PSP Community Recreation once they reach 16 years of age.
Expectations for CITs
1. All CITs expected to have a passion for the sport of gymnastics.
2. All CITs are required to attend one of the two offered training dates in as well as one training date with regular summer camp gymnastics coaches.
3. All CITs are required to volunteer for a minimum of two weeks duration throughout summer camp.
4. CITs will be placed with a counsellor and a camp group (different group/counsellor each week of volunteering). PGC Coaches and Head Coach will help foster leadership skills and take on a mentoring role with CITs.
5. By the end of the week, each CIT will be required to run one craft OR one other activity for the camp group they are assigned to. For example, CITs could choose an activity that involves circuit creations, group games, themed craft or skill development.
6. All CITs will be evaluated at the end of each volunteer week by the Coach(es) in their group and the Head Coach.
Applications will be accepted 24 February - 20 April 2020.
To apply, submit a letter of introduction, expressing why you want to volunteer with the Petawawa Gymnastics Club to Bailey Hartnell, Community Recreation Coordinator at EMAIL or call 613-687-2833.