General COVID-19 Protocols for PSP Petawawa - Youth 1st Programs
Leaders in Training Program
Calling all future leaders! Leaders in Training (LIT) is a completely FREE hands-on program designed to teach youth valuable leadership skills as well as allow them to gain volunteer experience with PSP Community Recreation Camps. LITs will attend in-house trainings and become HIGH FIVE certified. It is geared specifically toward young adults who want the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and build experience for future job opportunities! The LIT program will offer valuable job-specific training that will give them an edge in applying for future employment with Community Recreation once they reach 16 years of age.
Expectations for LITs
1. All LITs are required to attend a training date before commencing their placement.
2. All LITs are required to volunteer for minimum 2 weeks of Summer Camp 2021.
3. LITs will be placed with a counsellor and a camp group. Counsellors are required to help foster leadership skills and take on a mentoring role with LITs.
4. By the end of the week, each LIT is required to run one craft OR one activity for the camp group they are assigned to. For example, LITs could choose an activity that involves painting, circle games, themed craft or running games.
5. All LITs will be evaluated at the end of the week by the counsellor(s) in their group and the on-site supervisor.
Applications are now open until 13 August 2021.