This course designed by the Canadian Red Cross prepares youth for their roles and responsibilities as Babysitters. The learning objectives of this course are how to keep others safe while in your care and control with an emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. The curriculum provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
Red Cross Babysitting Course
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
South Side Community Centre
1578 Wolfe Ave. Petawawa, ON
$60 CAC/$90 NON CAC
Upcoming Course Dates - stay tuned for Fall dates!