There is a warning and dismissal system in use at Black Bear Campground. All campers must ensure they follow campground policy on not attracting bears.
Campers Shall Not:
- leave garbage and recyclables at camp sites. All garbage recyclables and shall be disposed of immediately in the appropriate bins near the campground office;
- leave coolers and food out at campsite or in tents. Food and coolers shall be stored in a vehicle, locked with the windows up at all times or in designated food storage lockers if available;
- leave pet food outdoors;
- burn food scraps in their fire pit;
- possess bird feeders (seasonal campers); or
- neglect to clean BBQ’s regularly including the grill and emptying and cleaning the grease trap.
A breach of a campground policy will result in a warning. If a camper/patron must be addressed a second time for breaching a campground policy, the camper/patron will be dismissed from the campground without any financial compensation. This is in accordance with a Garrison Petawawa Administrative Order (BAI 6.007 Annex G, Appendix 6A).
Educational material on avoiding attracting bears to your campsite can be found on this website or the Black Bear Campground office.
If you encounter a bear, please contact the campground office in person or by calling 613-687-7268 or 613-633-9894 (cell). In an emergency, please contact 911 or the Military Police at 613-687-5511 ext. 5444.