Youth Sports presents our Virtual FitKids @home Obstacle Courses. These easy to create, home obstacle courses are an ideal solution to rainy days blues, extra energy before bed or just to help mix up your daily routine. We can’t always get ourselves outside everyday with everything that is going on in the world right now. But that doesn’t mean we can’t stay active. Tune in each week for new video challenges to keep your family busy and moving from week to week.
Did you know that being physically active can boost your brain power?
Not only does staying active keep your body fit and healthy it helps strengthen your brain’s ability to process information and enhances your memory. So staying fit actually keeps you smart!
Guidelines to creating your own courses at home
- Landings should be quiet. Control your landings; this is easier on your joints and your home.
- All courses can be made using supplies found in your own home, toys to Tupperware are all reasonable objects to consider.
- Socks should be removed to prevent slipping.
- Find a work space that is free of clutter and breakables.
- It is always a good ideal to stretch before and after participating in physical activity.
- Stay safe and do courses with a sibling, friend or parent/guardian present.
- Be reasonable in you course creation. Know your limits and your body size. Start with simple courses and advance to more challenging ones as you go.
- Listen to your body. Activities should never be performed till pain occurs. Listen to your body and play smart.
Love what you're seeing? Check out the full list of videos available for viewing HERE.