“I did not truly understand what deployment was like until I experienced it for myself.
My experience has made me realize how significant it is to have someone to talk to who knows what you’re going through. I hope that the Shilo MFRC’s deployment services can be that
extra little support that can make such a big difference.”
- Alexa Kullberg
(204) 765-3000 ext.4555
The MFRC has many resources and services for families experiencing a deployment. The Shilo MFRC defines deployment as any work related separation for 30 days or more including courses, training, overseas missions and IR.
The MFRC understands that family units are unique so whether you’re a married family of two, common law, siblings, parents of a member or a family with children, we offer services and resources for all.
Experiencing a deployment?
We don’t always know, so please fill out the MFRC Deployment Family Information Form! By letting the MFRC know when your family is experiencing a deployment, we will ensure you are connected and stay informed.
Family Information Form
The Shilo MFRC understands that separations can be challenging, so in order to help you prepare and persevere, we offer the following deployment resources and services:
DEPLOYMENT RESOURCES & LITERATURE
For Military Families
MONTHLY DEPLOYMENT PROGRAMS are offered for adults, children and families.
Sign up for the monthly programs via the MFRC newsletter
- Did you know that interacting with others boosts feelings of well-being and decreases feelings of depression? The MFRC offers monthly adult programs, a great opportunity to make social connections. For deployed family members a portion of program cost is subsidized and offsite childcare vouchers are available. See Childcare section for more information on offsite vouchers.
- Enjoy an outing with the family by participating in the monthly family deployment programs. MFRC staff will be there to lend you a hand.
- Children’s Deployment Afternoon is a program for school age children experiencing a deployment. The program runs one Saturday per month from 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Are you a working family? Register for the Deployment Childcare offered one Saturday per month at the MFRC Occasional Childcare room from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Use your deployment vouchers and take the opportunity for self-care.
WARM LINE CALLS can be an excellent additional support during deployment. If you would like to receive a monthly warm line call from a friendly MFRC staff member to check in or answer any questions you may have, let the MFRC deployment coordinator know the best time to call!
THE DEPLOYMENT EMAIL keeps you informed about the upcoming deployment programs, unit information and activities, departure and homecoming timings and other deployment related topics. Emails are sent once or twice a month. Let your deployment coordinator know if you would like to be added.
The ROAD TO MENTAL READINESS program is a mental health workshop that provides guidance and skills to mitigate the challenges during pre-deployment, separation and reunion of deployed family members. Topics include identifying the challenges of deployment, tools for maintaining mental wellness, the importance of effective communication, and supporting children. The workshop is free and is run in a group setting or individually. If you have any questions or are interested in taking Phase III Pre-deployment Workshop or Phase V Reunion & Reintegration Workshop please contact the deployment coordinator.
FAMILY SUPPORT CELL/HOMEFRONT INFORMATION: During an overseas deployment, military members designated to the Family Support Cell and Home Front are available to address any questions about the mission and act as a bridge of contact between the family and deployed member in the event of an emergency. The MFRC has an excellent relationship with each units Home Front representative and they work together to ensure families are informed and supported during their family members absence.
CHILDCARE is available for families experiencing a deployment to promote self-care and ensure childcare providers receive a much needed break during the absence of a parent.
OCC vouchers: The MFRC offers 6 hours of free childcare per month in the Occasional Childcare Centre for families residing in the Shilo and surrounding area. If you are interested in OCC vouchers, contact the deployment coordinator.
How to use OCC vouchers:
Youth Program vouchers can be issued to families with school aged children instead of vouchers for the Occasional Childcare Centre. Families will be reimbursed for two youth programs per month at maximum value $30.00. Please contact the Deployment Coordinator if you are interested in receiving Youth Program vouchers.
- OCC vouchers are issued by the deployment coordinator and given to the OCC staff to keep in the registration book. When booking your child into OCC, communicate you have deployment vouchers and the staff will keep track of the hours used. First time users of OCC, are required to fill out an OCC Registration Form, also available at the MFRC reception desk. Click here for more information about our Occasional Childcare Centre.
How to use youth program vouchers:
Offsite Childcare vouchers are available for families who live outside the Shilo area at a maximum of $48.00 per month. These can be used for home babysitters, kids programs or at the MFRC Occasional Childcare Centre. Offsite vouchers can be sent to you in the mail or picked up at the MFRC. If you are interested in receiving offsite childcare vouchers please contact the Deployment Coordinator with your mailing address.
- Youth Program vouchers issued by the Deployment Coordinator can be picked up at the MFRC reception desk after they have been issued. Register and pay for programs before the deadline as usual and submit the completed voucher to the MFRC at the end of the month for reimbursement. The Youth Program Coordinator will send you an email when your check is ready to be picked up at the MFRC reception desk.
How to use offsite vouchers:
Offsite vouchers for adult programs:
- To use your monthly offsite voucher, have the childcare provider or program coordinator fill out the back of the voucher. Mail or drop off the voucher to the MFRC. Please provide a return mailing address and we will then mail you a reimbursement cheque. Please allow two weeks for processing. Offsite vouchers will be accepted for reimbursement up to one month after member returns from deployment.
Offsite vouchers are available for deployment adult programs. You are responsible for booking and paying the childcare provider. The MFRC will reimburse $8.00 per hour for the duration of the program and up to a half hour travel time to and from the program. Vouchers will be distributed at the program for those who request an offsite voucher.
EMERGENCY CHILDCARE SERVICES are available to families when the short term and long term childcare plan is being activated or during unforeseen circumstances. A MFRC Family Care Plan should be filled out prior to receiving Emergency Childcare Services. Click here for more information on Emergency & Respite Childcare or contact the Shilo MFRC at (204) 765-3000 ext.3352
COUNSELLING SERVICES: The MFRC has two wonderful mental health professionals that provide free confidential counselling services to families, couples, individuals and children. For more information, please contact a member of our counselling team at Counselling Services.