The Shilo MFRC is the easiest and most popular way to send parcels to a deployed military member overseas (Belleville Ontario addresses only). A packing station is set up in the MFRC community lounge and includes boxes, wrapping supplies and Customs Declaration Forms for your convenience. This program is at no cost, however there are no special add-ons available (i.e. insurance, registered mail, etc.) If you require assistance with your parcel just stop by the front desk and someone will help you!
- MFRC reception (Building T-114, Shilo - open Mon to Fri 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Brandon Armories (1116 Victoria Ave. - open Tues to Fri 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
General Prohibited Items
- Weight: Maximum 20 Kg (approx 44 lbs)
- Size: Two conditions must be met regarding size:
- Maximum length is one meter (approx 39");
- Maximum length plus girth is two meters (approx 79")
- The definition of girth = width + height + width + height
- Include a detailed list of the contents with corresponding weight in the left bottom corner of the parcel
- Completely fill out a customs declaration form and attach it to the parcel
Prohibited items can vary between countries. Please be sure to consult the host country’s restrictions before sending a parcel. A list of host country restrictions can be found on the Canada Post website.
- alcohol, beer and wine
- tobacco products, cigarettes and cigars
- weapons, including replicas Knives
- explosives, radioactive materials or ammunition including inert ammunition
- flammable liquids or solids
- compressed gas, aerosol cans (i.e. shaving cream, air fresheners, etc.)
- cigarette lighters
- corrosive fluids
- obscene magazines or pictures
- perishable items
- Lithium Batteries (unless mounted in a device)
For a list of overseas mailing addresses and more information on mailing parcels overseas, visit the National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces website.