Career Counselling (virtual appointments now available)
Employment and Education Assistance Program
For additional information and resources, see the Military Family Services.
- Assessments: interests, skills, values and self-assessment
- Career exploration
- Education and training information, resources and referrals
- Marketing tools assistance: resume, cover letter and portfolio
- Interview preparation
- Job search strategies and labour market information
- Self-employment resources
- Local job board
- Facebook page
- Lending library of career-related resources
- Referrals to government and community service agencies
- Annual Career Fair
- Access to computer/internet (during Community Library hours), photocopier, scanner and fax machine
Resume Consultations (virtual)
Are you interested in having your resume reviewed? Do you want feedback on how to tailor your resume for a specific job/industry? Are you marketing yourself in the best way possible? Book a resume consult to ensure your resume is working for you!
To book a virtual appointment with our Employment Coordinator Christine, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Resume consult appointments will range from 30 minutes to one hour.
Career Development Coaching (one-on-one, virtual)
Are you looking for assistance with self-assessment, resume development, job search and interview practice? Career Development Coaching might be the perfect fit.
To book an appointment with our Employment Coordinator Christine, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Career Development typically consists of 6 – 8 one hour appointments
Self-directed Career Development Resources:
You will find several valuable resources on this site: finding a job, choosing a career and exploring the market.
Specifically under Choosing a Career you can:
- take career quizzes
- review job profiles; and
- match your current skills.
You can also browse jobs currently available in essential services!
Consider downloading the mobile app!
Create a comprehensive career plan: get to know yourself, explore education and training and explore the world of work; job search resources; resume and cover letter builder and so much more!
Contact Christine Helgason at (204) 765-3000 ext. 3227 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information on all the Employment and secondary education questions you may have!
- Province of Manitoba careers
- Federal Government careers
- Military Spouse Employment Initiative – Casual Inventory
- Military Spouse Employment Network (through Military Family Services)
- Inspiring connection - explore job openings, chat with hiring managers and grow your network in search of employment opportunities
- Join from anywhere - no travel needed to participate in the online Network, access the job board and connect with employers during the virtual career fairs.
- Who can join - spouses or partners (married or common-law) of actively serving Regular or Reserve Canadian Armed Forces members. Veteran spouses, transitioning to post-service life, are also eligible to access the Network.
- Spouses/Partners, Jobe seekers - ready to start using the MFS Spousal Employment Network. Join the network to begin connecting with employers and their job openings
- What will it take to get started - two minutes to fill out an online registration form, provide your name and email address, and affirm that you are a Canadian Armed Forces members' spouse or partner