Career Counselling (virtual appointments now available)
Employment and Education Assistance Program
For additional information and resources, see Military Family Services.
- Assessments: interests, skills, values and personality
- Career exploration
- Education and training information, resources and referrals
- Marketing tools assistance: resume, cover letter and portfolio
- Interview preparation
- Job search strategies and labour market information
- Self-employment resources
- Facebook page
- Lending library of career-related resources
- Employment related courses & workshops
- Annual Career Fair
Resume Consultations (virtual)
Are you interested in having your resume reviewed? Do you want feedback on how to tailor your resume for a specific job/industry? Are you marketing yourself in the best way possible? Book a resume consult to ensure your resume is working for you!
To book a virtual appointment with our Employment Coordinator Christine, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume consult appointments will range from 30 minutes to one hour.
Career Development Coaching (one-on-one, virtual)
Are you looking for assistance with self-assessment, resume development, job search and interview practice? Career Development Coaching might be the perfect fit.
To book an appointment with our Employment Coordinator Christine, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Development typically consists of 6 – 8 one hour appointments
Self-directed Career Development Resources:
You will find several valuable resources on this site: finding a job, choosing a career and exploring the market.
Specifically under Choosing a Career you can:
- take career quizzes
- review job profiles; and
- match your current skills.
You can also browse jobs currently available in essential services!
Consider downloading the mobile app!
Create a comprehensive career plan: get to know yourself, explore education and training and explore the world of work; job search resources; resume and cover letter builder and so much more!
Contact Christine Helgason at (204) 765-3000 ext. 3227 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on all the Employment and secondary education questions you may have!
- Province of Manitoba careers
- Federal Government careers
- Military Spouse Employment Initiative – Casual Inventory
- Military Spouse Employment Network (through Military Family Services)
- Inspiring connection - explore job openings, chat with hiring managers and grow your network in search of employment opportunities
- Join from anywhere - no travel needed to participate in the online Network, access the job board and connect with employers during the virtual career fairs.
- Who can join - spouses or partners (married or common-law) of actively serving Regular or Reserve Canadian Armed Forces members. Veteran spouses, transitioning to post-service life, are also eligible to access the Network.
- Spouses/Partners, Jobe seekers - ready to start using the MFS Spousal Employment Network. Join the network to begin connecting with employers and their job openings
- What will it take to get started - two minutes to fill out an online registration form, provide your name and email address, and affirm that you are a Canadian Armed Forces members' spouse or partner