The Good Food Box program
There will be no Good Food Box for the summer
The Good Food Box Program
The Good Food Box is a community based program designed to encourage healthier eating through promotion of fresh fruits and vegetables. It is a bulk-buying program that aims to lower your grocery bill by buying fresh fruits and vegetables from local distributors.
Each box will contain a variety of high-quality, fresh, nutritious fruits and vegetables. Stock depends on which are in season or available at best value. Recipes will be included to help you use your fruits and veggies in different ways.
How does it work?
What’s in a Good Food Box?
- Community members come to the MFRC before the payment deadline and fill out an order form;
- Pay for the order on site (payment can be made by cash, debit or credit);
- No orders will be accepted after the deadline;
- Fresh fruits & vegetables are ordered by the MFRC and arranged into the baskets ordered;
- On the pick-up date, community members bring in reusable bags or shopping bags to take their produce home in.
The Good Food Boxes may contain:
**most boxes have 11-13 items; items vary with seasonal pricing
ORDER & PICK UP dates:
|Small (perfect for 1-2)
|Medium (perfect for 1-3)
|Large (perfect for 3-5)
**It is the individual’s responsibility to pick up their box at the MFRC on the pickup date, between 3:00 and 4:45 p.m.
|Order by noon...
||Pick-up by 4:45 p.m.
|Thursday, January 18
||Tuesday, January 23
|Thursday, February 15
||Tuesday, February 20
|Thursday, March 15
||Tuesday, March 20
|Thursday, April 12
||Tuesday, April 17
|Thursday, May 10
||Tuesday, May 15