Top Fuel for Top Performance
Top Fuel for Top Performance - Nutrition Modules
To Register for the online course: Conact Paul Cunningham at email@example.com
Operational readiness starts with fit and healthy personnel. By combining sound eating habits with a physical activity program, CAF personnel can achieve better work performance, a stable weight and lifelong health benefits. Sound eating habits include eating healthy foods at regular times throughout the day and selecting the appropriate fluid and fuel before, during and after physical activity.
Top Fuel for Top Performance (TFTP) is a module-based course for CAF personnel to choose the amount and type of fluid and food they need to balance energy requirements in varied situations throughout their lives and to optimize health and physical performance.
What you eats makes a difference!
Top Fuel for Top Performance modules will provide you with knowledge and practical tips to tune-up your food choices.
Four modules offered:
Module 1: Top Fuel 101
- Evaluate your eating pattern.
- Learn about major classes of nutrients your body needs.
- Determine your daily energy needs.
- Plan meals and snacks to meet your requirements.
Module 2: Fine Tuning Eating
- Learn to read food labels to make better choices.
- Get the low-down on fats, fibre, sugar and sodium.
- Plan healthy meals at home or away.
- Learn to set goals that you can keep.
Module 3: Fuel for Training and Recovery
- Learn about the benefits of proper hydration techniques.
- Get the facts on what you need to eat and drink before, during and after physical activity.
- Plan and prepare for training and competition.
Module 4: Body Composition and Sport Supplements
- Learn how to adjust your eating and exercise to lose weight or bulk up.
- Uncover the myths and facts about supplements and sport foods.
- Understand how nutritional and dietary supplements are regulated.
- Know what to consider before taking a supplement.
Top Fuel for Top Performance was developed by CAF Health Services, Directorate of Force Health Protection as part of Strengthening the Forces (STF) health promotion programs for the CAF.
For more information or to register, contact your Health Promotion Manager, Paul Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org