Family Liaison Officer (FLO)
Our Mental Health can be affected by such things as family relationships, addictions Issues, financial difficulties, school or work stress, grief, abuse/trauma, or a type of Illness.
The FLO is a social worker employed at the Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC), St. John’s. The FLO provides support services for families of CAF personnel coping with an illness, injury and/or special need. Here is a list of what the IPSC FLO can do for you and your family:
• Support for children, parents or spouses through stressful or transitionalperiods.
• Support/counsel family members in crisis or imminent crisis.
• Helping families cope with the impact of the injury or illness.
• Funding up to 168 hrs of childcare for families of CAF personnel who are ill and injured.
• Help for families to navigate through relevant programs and services.
• Aid in developing positive coping strategies using a strengths-based approach.
• Foster Family peer support groups/networks.
• Advocate on behalf of families coping with an illness, injury and/or special need.