Tuesday 26 November, 2019, 10:00-11:00 AM (please arrive by 9:50 AM)
Effective Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers
Free Morning Webinar
MFRC Annex (Building R34, Ralston, adjacent to the Wood Hobby Shop)
When employee performance is off-track, as a leader it’s your job to get it back on-track. It’s one of the toughest responsibilities you shoulder, yet one of the most important. You have to confront the problem assertively. Fairly. Legally. That’s why we’ve created this webinar... to give you the techniques, tools and proven strategies you need to get the results you need when dealing with unacceptable employee performance.
Stop stewing over how to handle weak performance ... get practical answers to your tough challenges! Ever imagined how pleasant your workday would be without hearing griping and excuses, with no petty arguments to resolve and no bad attitudes to deal with? If your employees took your constructive criticism in stride instead of getting angry or getting their feelings hurt?
We understand! Underperforming employees are a stressful, unnecessary drain your time. Plus, they’re a costly strain to your organization. As a manager, you simply can’t afford to let the behavior go on. It’s time to deal with it ... once and for all.
What are the boundaries? Learn what’s legal, and what’s not! Worried about taking a tough stand with your discipline because you might get sued? You won’t be after attending this webinar! You’ll learn where the boundaries are and how to ensure the unacceptable performance is addressed, without risking going too far for saying the wrong thing.
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
Understanding Performance Problems and Unacceptable Behavior ...
- Top reasons people don’t do what they’re supposed to do
- “Won’t do” vs. “Can’t do”: Know the difference
- Traits common to underperforming and difficult employees
Constructive Criticism ...
- Opening the door for honest communication
- How to address poor performance and still leave the employee’s esteem intact
- The “how to’s” of giving effective positive and negative feedback
Keys to Effective Discipline ...
- How to deal effectively with a variety of unacceptable behaviors, from gossiping to bickering to absenteeism and tardiness
- Know when employee behavior has crossed the line where discipline is no longer and option but an absolute “must”
- How to skillfully confront a serious performance problem
- Putting airtight documentation together
- How to make sure discipline is fair and covers all the angles from a legal perspective