Handling Confrontational Customers
Free Morning Webinar
Tuesday 4 June, 2019, 10:00-11:00 AM (please arrive by 9:50 AM)
MFRC Annex (Building R34, Ralston, adjacent to the Wood Hobby Shop)
Customer service is one of the most demanding jobs on the planet. You have to be respectful, professional and helpful, no matter what the situation or who you’re dealing with. This can be hard when you’re dealing with customers who are rude and confrontational, even bordering on abusive!
Handling Confrontational Customers shows you how to use your voice and word choice to control and calm the situation. You’ll even get some great techniques for quick de-stressing—so you can stay positive and not let one bad apple affect your next interaction ... or the rest of your day!
Take a Glimpse at What You’ll Learn:
- Warning signs that let you know you’re dealing with a customer who is working up to a confrontation!
- Guidelines for handling and disarming confrontation—whether a customer is hurt, angry or upset;
- How you could accidentally make the situation worse with what you say—and what to say instead;
- Using your tone of voice and body language to de-escalate the situation;
- Simple phrases that can help defuse hotheads quickly—so you can deal with their issues!
- Techniques for developing rapport with the customer—and how it can save the situation;
- How to weather customer fury like a pro—without getting upset!
- Words and phrases that will help cool a situation down—and convince the customer you’re on his or her side;
- 3 great stress busters that will alleviate tension, so you can stay calm and cool under pressure.