The Essentials of Front Desk Safety & Security
Free Morning Webinar
Tuesday 22 October, 2019, 10:00-11:00 AM (please arrive by 9:50 AM)
MFRC Annex (Building R34, Ralston, adjacent to the Wood Hobby Shop)
Don’t leave the safety and security of your organization to chance.
As a front desk professional, your organization counts on you to handle any situation that walks through the front door. And in this day and age, there’s no telling how serious a security threat you may find yourself up against.
Bomb threats ... irate visitors ... suspicious packages ... these are only a few of the safety issues you must be able to handle. If you’re unsure how to respond in these situations, you can’t afford to chance it. After all, the lives of your coworkers and visitors, not to mention your own life, are at stake. That’s why we've created Front Desk Safety & Security to help you gain the crucial techniques to handle these threatening situations and many more!
Learn how to protect your organization and yourself.
You’ll walk away from this webinar with the knowledge and skills to protect your organization’s front line and yourself. You’ll master proven strategies for spotting and correcting weaknesses in front desk procedures, for dealing with emotionally unstable visitors, and for handling fires, bomb threats, and medical emergencies. Give yourself the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re well prepared to handle any situation that walks through the front door. Enroll now!
Why a course on front desk safety and security is so important:
- On average, 1.7 million violent workplace crimes occur yearly;
- 20 percent of workplace crime result from bombings, stabbings, or beatings;
- Workplace violence is the No. 1 cause of death for women at work;
- About 84,000 robberies take place every year at work;
- Employers’ costs stemming from incidents of workplace violence total $836,533.
(Data Source: U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics)
Take a Glimpse at Your Agenda:
- How to spot and correct potential safety risks at the front desk;
- Procedures for screening visitors and controlling the flow of front door traffic;
- Tips that will help you project a confident and authoritative image;
- Top strategies for recognizing and defusing problem behavior;
- Strategies for screening incoming mail and packages;
- Why it’s so important to trust your intuition;
- How to respond to a variety of emergency situations, from medical emergencies to fires.