Online Job Search Sites
Employment Links & Connections
Local Based Employment Sites
- Workopolis: Canada's largest and most popular online job site
- Monster: A global online employment solution for people seeking jobs
- Job Bank: Job Bank is the Government of Canada's leading source for jobs and labour market information
- Indeed: The world's #1 job site, with over 180 million unique visitors every month from over 50 different countries
- Wow Jobs: A well known job search engine
- Government Jobs: Outlines the process for applying for a government job
- Jobs.gc.ca: Official job bank for the federal public service
- Charity Village: A specialized job board for Canada non-profit professionals
- FlexJobs: This company aims to make your job search experience better, easier, faster, and safer. We hand-screen and curate every job and company to ensure legitimacy.
- Alberta Jobs: A source for employment listings in AB
- Alberta Health Jobs: Jobs specific to the health industry in the province
- AB Learning Services: Get started on your AB job search
National Placement Agencies
Depending on your area of expertise, salary expectation and region, you may want to consider working with a placement agency to find employment. A placement agency is a company that works at matching employers with skilled workers. The agency is usually paid by the employer in search of the worker. The employer will normally pay a portion of the worker’s salary to the placement agency or a onetime finder’s fee.
Here are some of the national placement agencies in Canada.
Provincial and Territorial Job Search Assistance
Did you know that every province and territory offers some form of employment search support to its residents? Follow the links below to see what services are available in your region.
Other Employment Connections
- Job Hotline 1-800-727-2925
- L.E.A.R.N. (403) 504-3513
- Alberta Advanced Education & Career Development (403) 529-3683
- H.R. Solutions (403) 529-6288
- Human Resources Development Canada 1-800-206-7218
- Youthworks Employment Center (403) 529-4733
- Being Human Services - Employment Assistance
- Alberta Human Resource & Employment (403) 529-3683
- Canada Service Centre (403) 528-6868