Online Education and Training
Online Education and Training
Whether you’re looking to re-enter the workforce after an extended period of absence, exploring new career options or looking to brush up on a specific skill set, there are many online learning platforms to help you get the skills you want to succeed.
Free Online Learning Sites
- Alison: A global online learning community filled with free, high-quality online education resources to help you develop essential, certified workplace skills.
- Reed: 1000’s of free courses
- Coursera: An education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer online courses for everyone
- MOOC List: Free online courses in a wide range of categories and subjects
- Khanacademy: A non-profit with the mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Harvard Online Learning: A variety of free learning courses that have been pulled together from professors, centers, schools, libraries and initiatives across the Harvard campus
- 450 Ivy League Courses: Brown, Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, Dartmouth, Yale, and Columbia universities, and the University of Pennsylvania now offer free online courses across multiple online course platforms
- Yale Open University: Free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University
- Open University: More than 1000 free courses available through OpenLearn
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: MIT Open Courseware offers 2,400 courses online free of charge
- GALE Courses: Through the Shortgrass Public Library (with a library card)
- Learn Anything!: A selection of more than 1,500 free online courses, from archaeology and architecture to law and literature to physics and psychology
- Excel Learning: Free Excel guides & tutorials teach you the concepts, tips and tricks that you need to succeed at your work
Fee Based Online Learning
- Reed: 1000’s of online courses at unbeatable prices
- iTunesU: Accessible with an Apple ID
- edx: Access 2500+ online courses from 140 top institutions
- Futurelearn: Get access to high quality learning wherever you are, with online courses, programs and degrees created by leading universities, business schools and specialist organisations
- Ed2Go: Medicine Hat College offers online training in all areas.
- Udacity: The world’s fastest, most efficient way to master the skills tech companies want, 100% online, part-time & self-paced
- Udemy: Study any topic, anytime; explore thousands of courses starting at CA$16.99 each
Accredited Canadian Online Learning Institutions
- Canadian Virtual University Consortium: CVU-UVC is an association of Canada's leading universities specializing in online and distance education; visit their site to find a list of popular online university-level programs
- Complete University Guide (UK MOOC's): MOOCs offer university-level courses without the need to complete an entire programme of studies, and are becoming increasingly popular