Grief Support Group will provide support and education for adults who have lost a loved one.
Grief Support Group
Mental Health Support Services at the MFRC
This group will provide a place for people to share their grief experiences, find support and work through feelings.
Working through grief means:
Our facilitators are certified in 'Death in Grief Studies' which was obtained at the Center for Loss and Life Transition, Fort Collins Colorado with Dr. Alan Wolfelt.
- Everyone grieves differently;
- A supportive caring environment helps to heal;
- Working through grief does not mean forgetting, it shouldn't be punishing;
- It’s okay to have mixed feelings and emotions as you work through the process;
- It’s okay to ask for help at any time you feel you are grieving (delayed grief).
For more information, please contact the MFRC at 403-544-5567 or email the facilitator directly here.