Kids Connection (Care & Education) Centre
Youth programming for ages 11-17 years...
Youth will be engaged in age appropriate games, crafts and more on Thursday evenings between 6:00-8:00 PM. Programming runs from September (16th) through to June each year.
Youth participate in field trips, special events and fund raising activities. Canteen services are available; parents to purchase canteen cards at the MFRC, prior to attendance in the Kids Connection Centre (canteen cards do not expire). Youth must be registered for all field trips, one week prior to the activity, with payment due at time of registration. A refund will be issued in the event the activity is cancelled. Kids Connection Centre members may bring a guest three times before the individual is required to formally register with the MFRC. Members and members' parents are responsible for guests. Event costs apply to guests.
To join the Kids Connection Centre complete the Registration Form (click to print or visit the MFRC for a hard copy) and submit completed document to the MFRC, along with an annual registration fee of $10.00. Once registered, your youth can drop in to the Kids Connection Centre for any scheduled session for their age group, paying a $2.00 drop-in fee at the time of sign-in. Kids Connection Centre is located at 16 Edgewood Drive.
*Note: if you should require assistance with completing the form please contact the MFRC.
NOVEMBER SPECIAL EVENTS, contact the MFRC for more information (403.544.5567):
- "Who Do You Tell?" (Presentation for children by Sexual Assault Response Committee) November 5 & 6, 6:00-8:00 PM. (**SESSION HELD AT THE ANNEX)
- Quilts of Valour Presentation, November 13, 2019, 6:00-7:30 PM. (**SESSION HELD AT THE ANNEX)
- International Children's Day, November 20, 2019, 5:30-7:30 PM.
- Cake Decorating Competition, November 27, 6:30-7:30 PM, $2 drop-in fee.
- Senior's Hang-Out Session, November 29, 6:00-8:00 PM (register at the MFRC by November 27, $7/youth, includes meal)