Wednesday 24 June, 2020, 10:00-11:00 AM (please arrive by 9:50 AM)
How to Reach Agreement when You Really don’t Agree with Someone
Free Morning Webinar
MFRC Annex (Building R34, Ralston, adjacent to the Wood Hobby Shop)
If you’ve ever struggled to find common ground with another person in the workplace ... you’re gonna love this webinar!
You see the situation one way. He sees it another. And you’re both absolutely convinced that you’re right and the other person is dead wrong. How familiar is that scenario in the workplace? Pretty common, right?
Sometimes reaching a decision with someone with whom you flat-out disagree seems like an unobtainable goal. But, like it or not, a key predictor of your professional success is how well you handle sticky situations and move beyond seemingly impossible impasses.
In today’s collaborative work environments — you have to find a way to work through disagreements with others!
When you attend this powerful webinar, we’ll help you see the situation … and the person you disagree with … in a whole new light. You’ll learn how to work through the many reasons why you disagree so strongly in the first place, such as:
You don’t really understand what they’re saying … and why they’re saying it
They don’t understand what you’re saying … and why you’re saying it
You already have a rocky working relationship with the person who clouds your perspective (or vice versa)
This training will help you sort through all the truths and not-so-truths that get in the way of reaching agreement.
Work through the tricky and sometimes sticky conversations with coworkers when you disagree.
When you’re at odds with a coworker, it can be a stressful and unpleasant situation. But for the good of the organization, there are times when you’re called up to work cooperatively and collaboratively with people with whom you flat-out disagree. You must work together to make decisions and solve problems … this training will help you find a way to make sure that happens.
You can’t afford to miss How to Reach Agreement … When You Really Don’t Agree With Someone. Don’t wait, your career will thank you.
A Glimpse of What You'll Learn
- The importance of strong work relationships … especially when disagreements surface
- Listening techniques that help you understand the other person … and make that person feel “heard”
- Finding a common ground to build on
- Dissecting the issue or decision at hand: What’s important? What’s not?
- Walking a mile in their shoes: understanding the motivations and objectives of others
- What do you do when your goals and objectives are at odds?
- When you can agree to disagree … and when you can’t
- Critical steps that help you move beyond disagreement to agreement
- Talking it out: strategies for rational discussions with coworkers when emotions enter the picture