Adult pass times to help combat boredom during the covid-19 pandemic.
Entertainment & Learning (Adults)
Click the link for some new virtual employment-related programming from our National Site: Employment Webinars
Eventbrite: Eventbrite brings people together through live experiences, from music festivals and conventions to pop-up dinners and photography classes, eventbrite has both free and fee based virtual activities for you and yours!
- Free online ebooks
- Paulocoelhoblog.com/: Paulo Coelho offering some of his work as free ebooks
- Shakespeare: Sir Patrick Stewart, reading Shakespeare (because, really, what more do you need than Jean-Luc Picard reciting sonnets?)
- Self-Care Books: Inform yourself while you entertain yourself, with these suggestions to help you better understand our troubling times
- Margaret Atwood: Advice from Margaret Atwood on what you should read next
- Festival of LIterary Diversity (FOLD): Normally held in the GTA but going virtual this year. It aims to prioritize underrepresented authors and storytellers from around the world. Registration opens April 6 and the festival happens in early May
- National Film Board of Canada: Try one of more than 4,000 films free to stream online from the National Film Board of Canada, including a library of Indigenous cinema