Are you a Veteran or a Member transitioning out of the Military? There are numerous services and resources for transitioning members, Veteran’s and their families. With transition comes big change:
Let the MFRC help!
There are many existing MFRC services relevant to military members and their families transitioning to civilian life. MFRC services are offered to CF and BATUS Military Members and their families. Let the Veteran Family Coordinator point you in the right direction, either within the MFRC or to other organizations. We can provide:
- New home
- Moving to a new area
- New Career/Retirement
- Transferable skills/Education
- Change in relationship dynamics
- Financial constraints/security
- Benefits plan
- Grief of losing your military identity
- Closure/next chapter in your life
- Possible role reversal with spouse
- Redefining yourself as a civilian
There are many existing MFRC services relevant to military members and their families transitioning to civilian life. What services are available:
- One-on-one support navigating civilian health care, employment, and mental health systems.
- Help finding appropriate community resources for a family member.
- Short-term counselling or social work services.
- Transition programs and workshops.
For more information on how the MFRC can assist you, please contact the Veteran Family Program Coordinator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 403-544-5567.
- Education: Let the MFRC Education Coordinator steer you in the right direction and assist you in obtaining the education you require for your new career.
- Counselling Services: If you need to talk through your future release or you have already been released and can’t see a path forward, make an appointment with the MFRC’S counsellor. The MFRC also offers grief counselling and can assist you with the grief of losing your military identity.
- Moula Mentor: Struggling with budgeting your new income or your pension? Make an appointment to see the MFRC Moula Mentor for advice on how to better manage your money.
- Employment: Let our Employment Coordinator assist you in seeking new employment, finding employment agencies who hire Veterans, and assisting you in translating your Military skills into a legible civilian resume. We can also assist you in connecting with programs such as Forces@Work and Helmets to Hardhats.