The clinicians at the Toronto MFRC offer crisis intervention and short term emotional support for individuals, couples, families and children within the local CAF community.
Assisting you in dealing with what you find personally challenging
Specializing in individual, couple, and family therapy our team takes a nonjudgmental, inclusive approach that focuses on the needs of you and your family; helping you to rediscover your strength during difficult and challenging times. Counselling gives you a chance to be heard without judgment by someone outside of your situation. You can also acquire knowledge and learn new skills, which can help you find your own solutions.
Appointments can be booked Monday to Friday. The service is confidential and free. Referrals are also available for agencies and services in the GTA and/or for Canadian Armed Forces services such as financial support, Base Social Workers, Padres, school counsellors and food banks.
Common Issues addressed by the TMFRC Mental Health team include:
Depression, anxiety, trauma, marital and family conflict, child behavioural issues, parenting, divorce, grief and loss, trauma, addiction, anger, deployment support, work performance, transitioning out of the military, self-esteem, social anxiety, Families with Special Needs and coping with stress.
- Short term counselling and therapy for individuals, couples, families and children
- No waiting list
- Telephone counselling available
- Staff familiar with the particular demands of military life
- Referral to community based services
- Families of Canadian Armed Forces members as well as Veterans and their families. Serving CAF members are also able to access family/couples services.