The Special Needs & Inclusion Program (SNIP) offers confidential support, information and referral to individuals with special needs as well as caregivers of children, youth and adults with special needs. Learning to navigate the social services in a new community is stressful; our Child & Youth Services Manager can help.
Special Needs & Inclusion Program
The following are services offered by SNIP:
SNIP offers a variety of groups that engage and connects families with special needs:
- Assistance in applying for funding opportunities
- Information sessions
- Networking opportunities
- One-on-one sessions
- Referrals to community agencies
- Support and resources
- School meeting support – navigating the Ontario school system and understanding the process of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Individual Review and Placement Committee (IPRCs)
- Tips & Tricks – How to – Social Stories, trouble shooting, visual aids (choice boards, visual routines, etc.)
- Building Blocks Clubs: An evidence-based social skills program using LEGO building blocks to assist in the development of communication and appropriate social interaction.
- Improvaganza!: Evidence-based improvisation and theatre program designed specifically for children and youth with special needs
- Puzzle Project: Evidence-based program designed to support siblings of an individual with special needs. This group provides a fun and supportive environment for siblings to share the joys and struggles of being a sibling if an individual with special needs.
- Family Cooking Club