The Special Needs & Inclusion Program (SNIP) offers support to individuals and their families with special needs. Learning to navigate the social services in a new community is stressful; our Special Needs & Inclusion Coordinator can help.
Special Needs Inclusion Program
The following are services offered by SNIP:
- Connect to Local Community Agencies & Resources: Provides information on where to go for Psychological Assessments, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language, etc.
- Special Needs & Inclusion specific programming: Parent Support Group, Puzzle Project, etc.
- Assistance in applying and locating special needs financial supports
- School meeting support – navigating the Ontario school system and understanding the process of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and Individual Review and Placement Committee (IPRCs)
- Tips & Tricks – How to – Social Stories, trouble shooting, visual aids (choice boards, visual routines, etc.)
- Provides support to the MFRC Daycare staff – ensures implementation of Inclusion Practices, etc.
SNIP offers a variety a groups that engage and connects families with special needs"
To learn more about the Special Needs & Inclusion programs and services offered please contact Orlana Bourgoin, Special Needs & Inclusion Coordinator:
- Parent Support Group: A support group for parents/grandparents/caregivers of children with all special needs. Connect with other families in your community and discuss topics that affect and interest you. Gain support and insight from local families.
- At Trenton MFRC, every second Thursday of the month from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- At Brighton's East Northumberland Secondary School, every last Thursday of the month from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Building Blocks Clubs: An evidence-based social skills program using LEGO building blocks to assist in the development of communication and appropriate social interaction.
- Limitless Youth Night: An inclusive youth social night for children with special needs, their siblings and friends. Every third Monday at the Trenton MFRC Youth Centre for ages 6-11.