Join us for the 2019/2020 Sports Season!!
All CAF Members and Full-Time CMFWS and DND employees are welcome to participate in the 8 Wing CFB Trenton Intersection Sports Leagues
Golf: Tuesdays at 1300, Roundel Glen Golf Course
Slo-Pitch: Tuesdays at 1630 and 1800, RCAF Diamond 1
Rugby: Mondays and Thursdays at 1200, RCAF Mini Pitch
Ball Hockey: Mondays and Wednesday at 1200, RCAF Arena
***Visit the Intersection Sports pages for more information or contact Rachael.Bertram@forces.gc.ca***
8 Wing CFB Trenton Base Team Sports
Women's Slo-Pitch practices: Monday and Wednesday at 1530, RCAF Diamond 1
Men's Slo-Pitch practices: Tuesday and Thursday at 1530, RCAF Diamond 1
Women's Soccer practices: TBD
Men's Soccer practices: Wednesday and Thursday at 1530, RCAF Soccer Pitch
Ball Hockey Practices: Monday and Wednesday 1430, RCAF Arena
***Visit the Base Teams' pages for more information or contact Rachael.Bertram@forces.gc.ca***
CAF Regional and National Championships being hosted at 8 Wing CFB Trenton
Ontario Region Ball Hockey: 17-21 June 2019
CAF National Ball Hockey: 21-26 July 2019
CAF National Men's and Women's Slo-Pitch: 18-23 August 2019
CAF National Men's and Women's Soccer: 15-21 September 2019
***Wishing to VOLUNTEER at one or more of the championships?? Contact Rachael.Bertram@forces.gc.ca!!
About the CAF Sports Program:
The CAF Sports Program contributes to an active and healthy lifestyle, and enables CAF personnel to play and compete at their highest possible level. The CAF Sports Program, through the demands of training and competition, contribute to the overall effectiveness of the CAF.
Competitive sports are an integral part of the continuing training and development of members of the CAF. The objectives of the CAF Sports Program are to be met through sport skills instruction and participation in team and individual sports competitions
The primary objectives of the CAF Sports Program are to:
- Promote and develop physical fitness, health and mental well-being;
- Develop unit cohesion, team work, morale, pride and identity;
- Instill a high degree of esprit de corps and camaraderie;
- Develop individual attributes such as leadership, perseverance, self-discipline, self-control, self-esteem, confidence, warrior spirit and a general respect for all participants;
- Provide the opportunity for all members to develop their physical potential;
- Provide the opportunity for members to participate in highly skilled, competitive and organized athletics; and
- Motivate military athletes and teams to achieve higher standards of proficiency and strive for excellence.