Alcohol, Other Drugs, Gambling & Gaming Awareness (AODGGA)
Alcohol, Other Drugs, Gambling and Gaming Awareness offers CAF members twelve modules on a variety of topics related to alcohol, other drugs and gambling. The Supervisor Training is course coded.
- Substance Use 101
- Alcohol: Staying Within the Guideline
- Driving While Impaired (DWI)
- Keeping Your Parties Safe
- Illegal Drugs & Zero Tolerance
- Prescription & Over-the-Counter Medication
- An Introduction to Gambling and Problem Gambling
- Talking About Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Supervisor's Training Part One: Recognizing and Responding to Early Warning Signs
- Supervisor's Training Part Two: Developing Effective Interview Skills
- Understanding and Changing the Culture of an Organization
- Alternatives to Alcohol and Other Drug Use
For more information on Alcohol, Other Drugs & Gambling or other Health Promotion programs and services, please contact your Health Promotion Office.
- Location and Timing(s): The course is scheduled from 0830 to 1600 on both days at 177 Hercules Avenue, Bldg 119 (just south of the east end parking of MIR) in the PSP HQ Conference Room.
- Dress: Business casual, civilian attire. Baseball caps are not permitted during the course. We are located in an older building so we strongly recommend you layer your clothing to ensure your comfort.
- Administration: If you require French material, please request in advance. There is a lunch area in which to relax and eat, as well as a fridge and microwave to use. There are no vending options or water fountains onsite.