Email us at HPTrenton2@gmail.com


"I've decided to quit, now what?"

Research shows that the best success rates come from a combination of behaviour modification, group support, and medications to help reduce nicotine withdrawal and increase cessation success.

BUTT OUT gives specific guidance to help change behaviours associated with tobacco use and also provides essential support for individuals who want to quit using tobacco.

You may be eligible to get nicotine replacement therapies or medications when you participate in the BUTT OUT Self Help program.

BUTT OUT at 8 Wing is an individual format and requires one meeting with a Health Promotion BUTT OUT facilitator to register for the program.

How do I get registered?

You must meet with both the Medical Officer (MO) AND a Health Promotion BUTT OUT Self Help facilitator. Below are the suggested steps:

  1. Make an appointment to meet with the MO. They will discuss cessation medications and write a prescription if necessary (prescription is not required for patch or gum).
  2. Make an appointment to meet with a Health Promotion BUTT OUT Facilitator to receive support, materials and to set a quit date. Call the Health Promotion office for an appointment at 613-392-2811 x3768 or email.
  3. Pick up your medication(s) using your chit that will be provided by the Health Promotion Butt Out Facilitator.

How does BUTT OUT Self Help work?
The BUTT OUT Self Help program is 12-weeks in duration from the start of your quit date. So AFTER you have met with the MO and Health Promotion BUTT OUT Facilitator, we track your progress through emails.

You will receive an email after your initial registration and then bi-weekly starting from your quit week. Your responsibility is to reply to those emails in order to remain current in the BUTT OUT Self Help program.

After week six you are required to complete a final questionnaire to evaluate the BUTT OUT Self Help program and its delivery. 

For more information on BUTT OUT Self Help or other Health Promotion programs and services, please contact your Health Promotion Office.