Wellness Lifestyle Program (WWLP)
What tools do you need for a better lifestyle? Physical Activity, Healthy Eating & Attitude!
The WELLNESS LIFESTYLE PROGRAM (WWLP) will help you:
- Set realistic goals for losing weight and keeping it off.
- Develop a healthy eating plan and adjust portion sizes for healthy weight loss.
- Develop a physical activity plan to boost your metabolism.
- Understand and interpret nutrition labels and restaurant menus.
- Get the lowdown on healthy meal planning and snacking.
- Manage hunger and food cravings.
- Tackle the common weight loss myths and falicies. Monitor your progress and help you stay on track.
In the WELLNESS LIFESTYLE PROGRAM (WWLP) you will:
The WELLNESS LIFESTYLE PROGRAM (WWLP) was developed by CAF Health Services, Directorate of Force Health Protection as part of Strengthening the Forces (StF) health promotion programs.For more information on Wellness or other Health Promotion programs and services, please contact your Health Promotion Office.
- Attend interactive workshops with special topics on nutrition, physical activity and behaviour modification.
- Receive the tools to get you on the right track for weight management (gain, mainatain or loss).
- Complete assignment activities such as recording your eating and activity patterns to understand and manage problem areas.
- Develop a realistic action plan for a healthier lifestyle.
- Location : The course is happening at 177 Hercules Avenue, Bldg 119 (just south of the east end parking of MIR) in the PSP HQ Conference Room or Baker Island
- Dress: Business casual, civilian attire. Baseball caps are not permitted during the course. We are located in an older building so we strongly recommend you layer your clothing to ensure your comfort.
- Administration: If you require French material, please request in advance. There is a lunch area in which to relax and eat, as well as a fridge and microwave to use. There are no vending options or water fountains onsite.