Trenton MFRC Job Opportunities
Basketball Assistant Instructor(s)
GENERAL POSITION OVERVIEW
The Trenton MFRC is seeking an energetic and dedicated casual, hourly employee(s) with a passion for working in community sport programs. The employee(s) will function as basketball coach(s) and instructor(s) under the guidance of the Trenton MFRC Youth Programs team. The candidate(s) chosen for this role(s) will compose part of a team of basketball program facilitators to deliver a sports based resiliency program. The Basketball Assistant Instructor(s) is responsible for supporting the Program Lead to instruct youth of all skill levels through on-court basketball skills.
The MFRC Youth Programs team facilitates the delivery of engaging, safe, age-appropriate and sport specific programs and events. The Assistant Instructor(s) must be knowledgeable in youth sports programs, small sided games, and working with diverse youth populations. The Assistant Instructor(s) must also have experience working on a staff team, following sport-specific program plans, and supporting the achievement of program outcomes. We are currently seeking applicants with specific experience in basketball for this role(s).
- 2+ years of experience playing, coaching, instructing, and/or teaching basketball.
- Previous experience working with youth and/or youth facing barriers is considered an asset.
- Background and knowledge in children and youth sport, recreation, and/or physical activity programs is an asset.
- Sport-specific certifications, or training, are considered an asset.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, with high levels of collaboration.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, organized, self-motivated, and professional.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector and background check.
- Flexible weekday/evening availability required due to the nature of work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the delivery of age appropriate basketball programming, incorporating all elements of Trenton MFRC programming standards.
- Deliver programming for children and youth through coaching, instruction and facilitation.
- Liaise with Youth Resiliency Lead to ensure a complete understanding of program plan delivery, objectives, expectations, and individual roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure general program readiness including equipment lists, lesson plans, games, and activities for a range of abilities.
- Communicate effectively with the Youth Resiliency Lead and Trenton MFRC Coordinator.
Must be available on March 6, 7 and 8, 2020 to complete mandatory training.
Please submit cover letter and resumé no later then February 28, 2020