MFRC Volunteer Opportunities
The volunteer program at the Trenton MFRC is meant to enhance the day-to-day functioning of the Centre and to support all the programs and services we offer. It is also meant to offer members of our community an opportunity to be involved in their MFRC, to share skills, ideas, and knowledge. Volunteering offers newcomers an opportunity to meet new friends and to get connected. There are also opportunities for students to volunteer and log hours toward the community involvement requirement for school.
Our volunteer opportunities are very diverse and if we don’t currently have what you want, let us know. Your ideas and suggestions are always welcome. We anticipate a need for volunteers to assist with the following activities, however, the list is subject to change and additions.
- As required for various Unit family events, communtiy and special events.
- Requires some artistic ability (Some training is offered)
- Suitable for teens or adults
- Apporx. 1-2 hours per week
- Assist with weekly sanitization of toys
- Work within a team
- Use bio-degradable, non-bleach product that is safe on hands and clothing
- Gloves provided
- Suitable for teens and adults
|Youth Centre Volunteer
- Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday (One Saturday per month due to special programming)
- Assist staff with youth ages 6 - 16 years old
- Must be comfortable working with children and/or teens
- Suitable for mature teens or adults
|Child Care Buddies
- Schedule to suit volunteer's availability
- Must be comfortable working with children
- May involve assistance with outdoor play time
- Suitable for mature teens and adults
- Facilitate programs what it entails depends on program needs and requirements from Program Coordinators
- Share a skill through a workshop or an on-going program
*New programs and volunteer opportunities are being developed and details will be available at a later date.
*If we don’t have an opportunity to suit you, I may be able to help you find a community volunteer opportunity to meet your need/interest.
Volunteering in the Community
For the many opportunities to volunteer in the greater Quinte area, go to www.viq.ca or call Volunteer & Information Quinte at 613.969.8862.
For more information on this program or to register as a volunteer please contact: