Volunteer Canada reports Canadians give a total of two billion hours each year, the equivalent of 1 million full-time jobs.
"Service to others is the payment you make for your space here on earth." - Mohammed Ali
We have an active volunteer program and are always looking for new, enthusiastic volunteers to add to our roster! We invite you to come and learn what we can offer you and we would love to learn about your skills and interests. One goal of our volunteer program is to help our military family members integrate in the community by meeting new friends, discovering great services and programs, and developing skills while looking for employment. The MFRC can also help high school students to meet the requirement for 40 hours of Community Involvement, either with volunteering at the MFRC or connecting students with other volunteer opportunities in the community.
Make Your Time Count
- Find an organization or project that matters to you personally.
- Assess your interests and skills. What will you enjoy doing?
- Decide how much time you have available while still meeting your personal needs and the needs of your family.
- If you want more time with your partner or children, find a volunteer opportunity where you can work together.
- Feel comfortable talking with the volunteer manager; communicate any suggestions or concerns to her/him.
- Enjoy and benefit from your volunteer experience! There is a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. Find one that fits you and your lifestyle and leaves you feeling satisfied and valuable. This may mean trying a few before settling on one.
For more information on this program or to register as a volunteer please contact Wendy Synnott, Volunteer Coordinator: