***BE ADVISED: A Common-Law spouse CANNOT obtain an EAD in the U.S. as they are not recognized as a legal spouse. This also means that a common law spouse will not be able to apply for EI when they leave Canada because an EAD is required to be eligible for work in the U.S.

Employment in the U.S. The steps you need to take

As a dependent or spouse of a CAF member posted to the U.S. on an OUTCAN posting, you are eligible to seek work. However, there are some crucial steps that you will need to take before you may begin working, and you will not be able to start the process until you have arrived in the U.S.
Get all the information you need to go through this process in the links below.
Please note: If you have a specific profession in the medical, education, or legal fields, you may have other requirements for the state where you will be located, in order to work in that field. You should look into those state requirements for licensing and certifications prior to moving.

Check out some additional CANADIAN EMPLOYMENT RESOURCES.