Having a Baby

Having a Baby in the U.S. What you should know

FAQ: Having a Baby in the U.S. 
FAQ: Car Seat Regulations (US & Canada)

Having a baby in the U.S. may be a complicated process for you. Your child(ren) born in the U.S. will automatically have dual citizenship. But it will some extra paperwork for you.

So where do you start to get your child(ren) Canadian Citizenship? They are already Canadian! You only have to get proof of that, which is called a Canadian Citizenship Certificate.

Application for a Citizenship Certificate for Adults and Minors (Proof of Citizenship)