Teacher Recruitment 2020-2021
The Canadian Armed Forces - Children’s Education Management hires Canadian teachers and administrators for their two CAF Overseas Schools: SHAPE International School - Canadian Section
(Belgium) and AFNORTH International School – Canadian Section
For more information, read the following documents:
*Please note that an error was discovered in Part 7 on the Nomination form. Please be sure to submit the correct version with the years 2020-2022 at the top of the form.
These forms are provided for use within your application, if your board does not conduct either:
Dates for 2019 Recruitment:
June 5, 2019:
Application and Instruction Packages posted
September 1 – November 1, 2019:
Applications only accepted through Apply to Education
Job posting: 2696718
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative positions for 2020-2021
The table below outlines the predicted staffing needs for the 2020-2021 school year; exact teaching assignments are subject to change based on student enrolment and staffing needs.
||Middle / High-School Section4
|Grades 1 – 8
||Grades K – 5
||Grades 6 – 12
|FFL / FSL3 (1)
- Teachers at SHAPE must be able to deliver Ontario curriculum in both English and French.
- The Arts position at SHAPE includes Drama, Dance, Visual Arts, and Music (instrumental music for grades 5 – 8) and some Language Arts instruction. It does NOT have a bilingual requirement.
- FFL = French-First-Language / FSL = French-as-a-Second-Language
- Teachers at the secondary level must hold or be able to obtain Ontario teaching certification.
- For the grade 6 – 8 position at AFNORTH, the ability to teach in both English and French is preferred.
Below you will find the tentative administrative positions for the 2020-2021 school year
- Principal (elementary) - AFNORTH
- A Principal should be able to work in both English and French.
- The Principal at AFNORTH IS (MS-HS) should have experience at the secondary level in Ontario.