Do you like to help others by finding solutions to their situation? You are able to speak in front of an audience and to reach out to people with ease? Do you want a work in an environment where you can grow and have fun? Do you have a great sense of organization? You like to organize activities and to conduct workshops? If you answered yes to these questions, you are the person we are looking for to fill our fourth support worker position in our team in the absence-posting sector! The Valcartier Family Centre would like to have you on board in order to identify the needs of the military community in terms of absence and posting services. This involves evaluating, accompanying, supporting and advising families during absences or postings. In addition, you will have to promote teamwork and team spirit with all staff members, volunteers, trainees and resource persons by developing a concern for complementarity and partnership. Don't hesitate and join our multidisciplinary team of more than 65 people.
Absence and Posting support worker
What is the Valcartier Military Family Resource Centre? It is an organization that assists the military community by offering various intervention and psychosocial support services, employability and career development support, services for children (drop-in daycare) and youth (youth workers for youth aged 6 to 17), volunteer work and more.
The values of the Centre:
Benefits of working at the Centre:
** Due to the current situation, part of the hours are teleworked and we offer a safe work environment.
- Continuing education (internal and external)
- Intersectoral projects
- Work-family balance
- Diversity of tasks and activities
What the Centre offers its employees:
- Caring work climate
- Twelve statutory holidays
- Summer schedule (Friday afternoon off)
- Flexible schedule
- Bank overtime hours
What we offer for the position:
- Group insurance after 3 months
- Cohesion Committee
- Proximity to a bicycle path
- Accessible shower at the Centre
- Dinner with the whole team once every 2 weeks to exchange with the different sectors (the time can be banked)
Academic and professional requirements of the position:
- Type of job: 35h/week
- Location: Valcartier Family Centre (10 minutes from Val-Bélair)
- Start date: January 2021
- Salary: $21.35/hour
Experiences required for the position:
- College diploma in social work or other relevant field
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in front-line needs assessment and intervention
- Bilingualism (spoken and written advanced)
- Knowledge of the military environment
- Knowledge of community and public resources
- Communicate in front of a group with ease
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and set priorities
- Excellent disposition for teamwork
- Understanding a philosophy and approach based on strengths (empowerment) and ability to put them into practice
- Intermediate level knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Send your resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department no later than Sunday, November 29th, by e-mail to RH@crfmv.com .
***Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted after the end date of the posting job offer.