Services for Veterans and their families
You have access to all regular services offered by the Valcartier Family Centre following a medical release.
- Employment : Support for your transition to a civilian career: Job search support, building a résumé and a cover letter, preparing for a job interview, and job search strategies.
- Education and training : Vocational guidance counselling to take stock of your career and identify a project for the next step of your professional life, interests and skills assessment, support with your plan to pursue your studies, psychometric testing if needed. Second language training available.
- Mental health : Prevention and intervention services given by social workers offering individual, couple, or family sessions for a short-term period. Personnel aware of the reality of military and veteran families.
- Social groups : Opportunity to get involved as a volunteer, to take part in many different activities, and to meet with other families of our community.
- Parenting : Possibility to join our parent-child activities, to meet with other parents, to talk to a counsellor, and to learn about the different resources of our community.
- Children and Teens : Childcare services, activities and workshops for children and teenagers, possibility to talk to a youth counsellor and to learn about the different resources of our community, opportunity to get involved as a teen volunteer.
Offered by the Valcartier Family Centre · 418 844-6060 · 1 877 844-6060
For more information about the Veteran Family Program