CAF members can sign out sports equipment through the sports and facilities department for personal use.
Sports Stores Loans for Military Members
- XC skis, poles, boots
- golf clubs
- Sporting goods: basketball, volleyball, football, soccer, dodgeball, badminton & tennis racquets, etc.
- Ice hockey: shoulder pads, knee/shin pads, pants, goalie gear, elbow pads
- baseball: gloves, bats, baseballs/softballs, catcher’s chest protectors
Unit PT equipment available:
- floor hockey equipment: shoulder/elbow/knee/shin pads, pinies, sticks, goalie gear, eye protection
- all sporting goods and pinies
- baseball: gloves, bats, bases, baseballs/softballs, catcher’s chest protectors
Sports Stores Loans and Procedures
- Units/members will submit a request to the Facilities Department at least 2 days in advance. This gives the facilities team enough time to prepare the equipment. Please email the +WRTSports account for the request and to set up an appointment.
- Equipment is available to military members only.
- Equipment can only be picked up/returned during the hours of 0900-1400.
- The Sports Stores staff are the only people who will deal with the requests and returns.
Do not request loans from the Front Desk.
- Large equipment with a hard surface that cannot be placed in the ozone machine will be cleaned and sanitized by the signing member or unit. Equipment includes hockey sticks, cross country skis, golf clubs, etc. These will be cleaned with a cleaning solution that is approved by Health Canada to decontaminate against COVID 19.
- Protective eyewear will be sanitized by PSP staff using the above solution.
- Fabric equipment and mixed soft/hard equipment will be sanitized using the Ozone machine. After the sanitation cycle, they will be quarantined for 3 days.
- Clothing will be laundered on the high-temperature setting.
- Appropriate PPE will be worn by staff during all cleaning procedures.
The following procedures will be in place for rentals:
- Military Members can book an appointment to pick up equipment. No drop-ins.
- Members are responsible for disinfecting equipment before return. Further cleaning protocols are in place and carried out by Sports Stores staff once the items are returned. *see “Cleaning Procedures” detailed above.
- Masks must be worn when picking up equipment.
- It is recommended that you sanitize your hands with the sanitizer provided upon entry into the Gym.
- Due to restrictions the Gym’s front doors are locked, please call the front desk (x 1274) or Sports Stores (x 1613) to be let in.
- We ask that you respect physical distancing when picking up or dropping off.
No, there is no charge for military members to sign out equipment with Sports Stores.
- Do I have to pay?
Sports Stores loans are available only to military members, but the Recreation committee has started up a rental program for civilians. For civilian loans check out the “Community Recreation Association” tab on this website.
- Can CRA members or family sign out equipment?
There is no time limit on Sports Stores loans – if the equipment is needed for any reason you will receive a call from Sports Stores staff.
- How long can I keep the equipment?
Yes, we are open by appointment only. We are in the office Monday-Friday from 0900-1400, please call ahead or email to book an appointment (see FAQ #5).
- Are you still open during COVID-19?
You can call the Sports Stores desk at 780-872-1363 x 1613 or send an email to +WRTSports. You must give two business days’ notice so we can have your loan ready for pickup. Should you get our answering machine be sure to leave your name and phone number in the message. For email requests please see FAQ #6.
- How do I schedule a loan appointment?
Please include your name, rank, item requests, sizes required, date you need the equipment for, and quantity of items needed. Also include your availability so we can schedule a pickup appointment.
- What information do I need to include in my email?
Proof of service; please bring your military ID with you. If you are wearing combats, we do not need to see your ID.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
YES. This is detailed just above the FAQ section. Please read through all the important information related to our COVID-19 precautions.
- Do you have special procedures in place for COVID-19?